To change WordPress from the standard single site install to a WordPress Multisite which allows you to create a network of sites you need to:
- Update your wp-config.php file.
- Choose the structure of your Multisite in terms of whether you want to use sub-domains or sub-directories.
- Add the extra lines your WordPress installation generates into your wp-config.php.
- Add the generated mod_rewrite rules to your .htaccess file, replacing other WordPress rules.
You do this as follows:
Updating your wp-config.php file
- Locate your wp-config.php file on your hard drive.
- Open your wp-config.php file for editing.
- Add the following line to your wp-config.php file:
above where it says /* That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */: Continue reading